Long Codes are 10-digit numbers, which cell phone users can use to contact an organisation for additional information or a call back.
Key features of Long Codes?
- Long Codes are a cost-effective, and convenient way for your customers, or potential customers to contact you at a standard rate or free of charge.
- Available on Cell-C, MTN, Virgin Mobile and Vodacom (currently unavailable on 8ta), Long Codes can be sent from cellular subscribers’ handsets at a standard rate.
- Usually Long Codes, or please call me lines, are offered for free to customers, and allow for person-to-person communication.
- Using virtual SIM hosting, Long Codes are a reliable high-performance method of receiving up to 50 SMSs per second and can be used without the normal restrictions of SIM card hosting.
- If running a specific campaign, you can customise the response sent to the client or where the incoming SMS should be sent, via email or to another mobile number.